Trade Union Duties
Facilities Time for Trade Union Duties
Employees who are union representatives of a trade union recognised by their employer are entitled to reasonable time off, during work hours and without loss of pay, to carry out union duties and undergo relevant training. Relevant public sector employers (including all types of schools and academies) are required to report on time taken by trade union officials representing their members or other union activities, whether this is release time internally or by contributing to a pooled arrangement.
The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 came into force on 1 April 2017. The regulations require relevant public sector employers to publish specified information related to facility time taken by trade union officials.
The regulations can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/328/made.
The information will have to be published annually thereafter.
Where to Publish:
The information must be published in the following places.
- The Academy or Trust websites
- The Academy or Trust Annual Report, where an Annual Report is published
What Information has to be Published?
- The number of union representatives employed during each reporting year
- The number of full time equivalent representatives employed
- The number of relevant union representatives who spent 0 per cent, 1-50 per cent, 51-99 per cent or 100 per cent of their time on facility time
- The total costs of facility time
- The total pay bill and the percentage of the total pay bill spent on facility time
- The percentage of facility time which is used for union activities
Elevate Multi Academy Trust Facility Time
Elevate Multi Academy Trust ("Elevate") has one employees who is a union representative working for Elevate at this time.
Dianne Mousley, Compliance Officer. May 2021