Local Governing Bodies:
Elevate firmly believes in local governance structures. LGBs have delegated functions as set out in the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation. The Trustees remain accountable and responsible for these functions.
The duties of the LGBs include:
- Establishing the vision and ethos for the relevant Academy ensuring that it fits within and promotes Elevate's vision and ethos;
- Safeguarding and promoting the values of the Academy;
- Supporting the Head teacher of the Academy and being a critical friend;
- Monitoring the achievement, quality of teaching and behaviour and safety within the Academy;
- Engagement with the Academy’s key stakeholders e.g. parents, carers, children and staff;
- Advising the Trustees about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
The members of the LGB must include two elected parents and one elected staff member and the Headteacher.
The Chairs of LGB meet termly with the CEO and a Trustee.
The Chairs of the LGBs are:
|Aspin Park||Dan Wilson|
|Carlton Miniott||Paul Turner|
|Keeble Gateway||Jane Makin|
|Knaresborough St Johns||Anne Westmoreland|
|Knayton C of E||Joanne Jones|
|Marton Cum Grafton C of E||Jessica Mudd|
Diana Wetherell Terry
|Thorner C of E||Dawn Scargill|
|Thornton Dale C of E||Gaynor Debarr|
|Topcliffe C of E||Richard Tindall|
For appointments, resignations and attendance of governors please go to the individual Academies websites which can be found in 'Our Academies'.